Sign in to follow this  
Guest kloker

Sound Problems in Spot View

Guest kloker

First of all, what a great plane! I recently purchased the CD version, and the best thing about that product are the printed manuals.My problem is that, when flying, cycling thru the views, SPOT view gives greatly distorted sound, bad static, etc. Sometimes cycling thru all the views multiple times, or soundoff/sound on, will clear this out, sometimes not. I have Soundblaster Live 5.1 (I think); I've tried Low, Medium, High setting in FS2004, and pretty much anything else I can think of. Cycling thru the views on the ground first does not seem to matter. It's almost like it's related to the sounds for a particular level of engine thrust (please don't tell me it's N1 related); anyway, it's annoying enough to stop the sim when I can't squelch it.I normally fly with ActiveSky or FSMeteo and Radar Contact, but the sound problem occurs with or without any of those programs.I'd appreciate any suggestions for a solution.Thanks,Keith

This is a known issue with Soundblaster Live! drivers. Get the NEWEST ones from their support forum - things will improve.(Better yet: Get a new card - I like my new Audigy2 Player, and it's quite cheap!)

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest kloker

Lefteris, Thanks for the info. That probably explains the sound problems I occasionally get with some other programs. My drivers are up to date so I'll look into the Audigy2.Keith

Guest Groundcrew

Keith,Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings. I had exactly the same problem with my Soundblaster card. tried everything, new drivers, old drivers, re-install. Nothing. Finally had to bite the bullet and buy an Audigy 2 card and it works fine now. I highly recommend a new card if you can get one.Andy