Sign in to follow this  
Guest andrekr

scratching my head...need landing help ... what to do?

Guest andrekr

Hi Captains,today I wanted to fly to Schiphol, Amsterdam (EHAM) for my first time as I didn't visit this airport before. I'm using FS2004.Well, I created my IFR flight using FSNavigator and just use the airport itself as last entry (no runway defined)as I didn't know the weather data (flying using real weather settings). ATC informed me to land at ILS runway 19R. Well, no problem I thought and tried to use the FMC to set runway ILS19R in order to find the ILS frequency in the approach information... But whats that? No runway 19 at all, neither left or right. Instead some 18' runways. Using the original FS map I was finally able to find the information I needed to land. After the flight I checked whats wrong... I use the original FS2004 airport without any updates to it. Checking the sidstar file for PMDG showed no runway 19 - they have only runway 18 with also different ILS frequencies. I loaded the last sidstar update from navdata - same issue - no runway 19. Whats wrong? Did MS use wrong information about this airport? Is there an update for this? What can I do in order to match the airport to the actual sidstar data ( which I guess is more correct)?Did I miss an update to this airport?I don't want to land into a field hundrets of feet next to the runway. :-eek Thx- Andre

Guest rellehenk

Yes, Microsoft used old data.We have a new runway called the polderbaan (18R-36L)All other parallel runways are redesignated.01L-19R -> 36C-18C01R-19L -> 36R-18LYou can download the 'Polderbaan' from www.avsim.com

Guest mvf1981

Hi Andre,Basically there is no more runway 19 :)Basically Schiphol has had some major updates recently and has had a new runway! (MS left it out!!) Runway 18R/36L Polderbaan is the new one that forced the changes,runways have been re numbered 18L 18C 18R 36L 36C 36Rrunway 19R is now 18C and 19L is now 18LWell you will need to update the scenery in fs2004I recommend NL2000 V2.9 Free and truely amazing but be warned its a 218MB download! (includes all of netherlands and of course the new runway at EHAM)http://www.nl-2000.com/but there are also updates to the defult scenery if you cant handle or dont want the NL scenery. the new runway is called 18R/36L Polderbaan look it up in Avsim file libraryor the www.dutchvacc.nl site has them also under downloads page.good luck Mark ;)http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpgAKA BAW101, First Officer

Guest andrekr

Thanks much to both of you for these answers. Really helped me alot. I'll download NL2000 of course. :-jumpy - Andre