Sign in to follow this  
Guest fabbi

737NG overhead + sound

Guest fabbi

Hello to all, I love the PMDG 737NG,everything goes pretty fine, exept I noticed when im flipping the knobs and switches on the overhead panel while engines running I get a small sound disturbance onto the engine sound very short.(u hear engines run, flipping a knob-->small crack in engine sound, when flipping switches on the main panel I dont have it)Also installed the newest sounddrivers.My soundcard is the onboard one from ASUS P4P800 Deluxe.(Soundmax)Should I place a Soundblaster 5.1 or Audigy 2? Thanks for helping me out.FabbiP4 3.0 Ghz 512KB FSB 800MOTHERBOARD P4P800 DELUXE (SOUND ONBOARD --> SOUNDMAX + 3COM LAN)MAXTOR 200 GB ATA 133 7200 RPM 8MB2X 512 MD DDR 400 MHZ KINGSTON MEMORYLG DVDREWRITER GRAPHICS ABIT TI 4200 128 MB DDRZALMAN PSU 400W

Guest EDSJ

I think that's not a problem of PMDG more than a prob of your flightsim. Reduce Engine sound of flightsim options and reduce the main volume of your windows system, also like wav. I think thats a solution for you. The most problem wwith sounds i have with turboprobsounds. There is the same problem. Put your main and wav sound on 90% not maximum. Try it.

Guest kloker

Fabbi,I am having sound problems (really bad static) that sometimes occurs when I go into SPOT view. I was advised (by this forum) that it was caused by problems with my Soundblaster 5.1, and that I should get an Audigy 2, which I am going to do.But, before I got my Soundblaster, I used the on-board sound, but it caused problems with my CH Products yoke and pedals. Or, was that the USB issue? Whatever. Anyway, I had some kind of problem related to on-board sound for which the solution was a separate sound card, which also actually improved overall performance. All this was a few years ago, back when my Pentium 4, 1.4 GHz was the fastest computer in town. Your much faster board may not have the same problems - it's different architecture for sure!Anyway, you should probably avoid getting a Soundblaster 5.1.Hope this is some help,Keith