Sign in to follow this  
Guest alanrco

Losing the radio

Guest alanrco

For quite a while I've really enjoyed flying the 737NG. However, lately on several occasions I lose all COM and NAV radios. The frequency digits cannot be moved at all. This really is very frustrating as it happens towards the end of a flight and spoils the effort and time put into it.Has anyone else suffered this and is there a fix?Alan

Guest tmetzinger

>For quite a while I've really enjoyed flying the 737NG.>However, lately on several occasions I lose all COM and NAV>radios. The frequency digits cannot be moved at all. This>really is very frustrating as it happens towards the end of a>flight and spoils the effort and time put into it.>>Has anyone else suffered this and is there a fix?>The Avionics Master is off. You may need to switch to a default aircraft and switch it on, or look up the keystroke in the FS assignments menu, as there's no switch on the PMDG.You probably either hit the keystroke by accident, or switched to the PMDG from a default aircraft while the default aircraft had the Avionics Master off.

Guest alanrco

Thanks Timothy for a prompt reply.It's really strange though, because I was at the dining table eating my lunch and was listening to the radio chatter waiting for a message for my flight. After a while all went quiet without any intervention from me. so...1. The avionics switch must have been on during the flight2. I did not switch aircraft3. Between radio chatter and silence I had not touched the computer.This is not the first time it's happened and it only happens with this aircraft.Alan