Sign in to follow this  
Guest AndrewMal

737-800 takes FOREVER to load...

Guest AndrewMal

I no longer have the high-end system that I used to, but my specs aren't all that bad:Windows XPP4, 2.4512 MB RAM64MB GeForce4 MX420When I press the button to begin my flight, the FS2004 startup screen appears, and I wait and wait. Not until I hit ALT+TAB to go to desktop, then return to FS will the flight loading percentage bar come up. After that, the plane takes a long long time to load, then I wait for NAVDATA as well. I'm talking about up to 5 minutes. Is this normal or am I having issues?-Andrew

Guest amerton

Andrew,Could it be you run Norton AV ? I had the same problem when loading FS while it's activated.Something must be checking new .exe / .dlls (.gau files are dlls).If not, I guess you might have a memory problem which will cause lots of paging, such as a background process eating up a lot of mem ?Apart from that, in general and if you can, you'll be much happier with 1 Gig of Ram...anthonyAnthony MertonPrecision Manuals Developmenthttp://www.precisionmanuals.com