Sign in to follow this  
Guest pag

FMC 'v' speeds

Guest pag

Congratulations to all at PMDG for a fantastic product. Best $22 I've spent in a long while.I have one question, if I may. Having entered all necessary data into the FMS including INIT page data I set the desired flap 5 or 10 degrees usually and click the 'v' speed LSKs but nothing happens. If I select Flaps 1, then v speeds are computed (around 269kts for V1!)Am I missing something or could this be a glitch in the programme? It's only a minor point and I can obviously set the speeds manually using the ref tables provided. Just curious to know if I've missed something.RegardsJohn C

Guest tmetzinger

>Congratulations to all at PMDG for a fantastic product. Best>$22 I've spent in a long while.>>I have one question, if I may. Having entered all necessary>data into the FMS including INIT page data I set the desired>flap 5 or 10 degrees usually and click the 'v' speed LSKs but>nothing happens. If I select Flaps 1, then v speeds are>computed (around 269kts for V1!)Am I missing something or>could this be a glitch in the programme?>> It's only a minor point and I can obviously set the speeds>manually using the ref tables provided. Just curious to know>if I've missed something.>>Regards>John CHAve you selected your departure runway before selecting the VSpeeds?

Guest amerton

You entered your weight in pounds and have your weight setting in kgs in the styles options, or the other way round...anthonyAnthony MertonPrecision Manuals Developmenthttp://www.precisionmanuals.com

Guest pag

>You entered your weight in pounds and have your weight>setting in kgs in the styles options, or the other way>round...DOH! I was entering pounds thinking weight was set as lbs. Didn't a 767 turn into a giant glider a while ago after a similar mistake by refuellers? Makes me feel a teeny bit better, but not much....Thank you gents for taking the trouble to respond and for the speedy replies too.RegardsJohn C