Sign in to follow this  
Guest troysford

Crash to Desktop using GoFlight MCP

Guest troysford

Great product.I am having problems with FS9 crashing to the desktop when I perform certain functions associated with the GoFlight MCP.First, I will preface this by saying I had assigned all the functions of the MCP to the GoFlight module using a registered copy of FSUIPC in the Buttons page for the 600/700. All worked well and added to a flawless flying experience.The problem occurs while still flying the 700 (but obviously with the new panel) when I turn any of the MCP dials (heading, speed, course, vert speed, alt) in the "FAST" mode. Meaning, I can slowly turn the knobs in one unit increments with no problem, but as soon as I spin them fast (represented by Keyboard Assingments 41-50 in the PMDG submenu that I have assigned the MCP buttons to), FS9 immediately crashes to the desktop.Again, everything worked GREAT with the old 600/700 panel, even while "spinning" the dials. This is what Keyboard Assignments 41-50 were intended for, correct?I have tried the virtual memory fix that Anthony Merton suggested, but am still having the same problem.Any suggestions would be helpful. Thank you for a great product.Alienware Area-51P4 3.00GHz2 GB RAMATI Radeon Pro 512MBTroy S. Ford

Guest letour

It seems that I'm not the only one who's having these problems.I've sent an email to PMDG for a solution, who could not give a proper solution. They mentioned to have contacted Goflight in order to offer the SDK module to them, but they didn't respond.After sending this remark to Goflight they said to contact PMDG in order to try to solve this strange behaviour of the RP48.Underneath the description of my problem and the respons on that.While using the 600 and 700 NG version I started using keymapping for the functions of the EFIS and MCP using a few Goflight GP48 modules. After adjusting the keyboard assignment for PMDG and configuring buttons via FSUIPC (registered and latest version) all worked well. Within the Goflight GFConfig module these rotary knobs are not assigned.Now after having installed the 800/900 series with some alterations in key assignments while slow or fast rotations of the rotary knobs of the GP48 modules everything went black with the final remark that FS has encountered a problem.Is there somebody else having the same problems or is there anybody who can advice some alterations to get rid of this anoying thing.It worked all well before the update to the 800/900 due to a change of key assignements by PMDG some funtionkeys had changed, is this maybe the reason for this problem. I checked there is no double key combination used.Any help is higly appreciated, because it is great fun flying this model. Answer PMDGDear ...> > We have absolutely no way of knowing what causes problems> with GoFlight modules.> > I've asked repeatedly for GoFlight to contact us regarding> possible purchase of our SDK for use with their stuff, but > everytime, a deafening silence is the result.> > As such, I cannot be expected to know how things should work> with their modules... I am sorry to respond this way, but > unfortunately, this is all I can say.> > Best,> Lefteris Kalamaras> _> Lead Developer> Precision Manuals Development Group> www.precisionmanuals.com Answer Goflight.Hello ...Thank you for forwarding this to me. I haven't gotten any e-mails from Lefteris but it could be due to our very aggressive spam filters, or maybe he used an address that doesn't go anywhere ... I'll try to contact him directly through the PMDG forums and see what we can do.At this point, I don't have any good suggestions for you since I don't have any of the PMDG planes here to test with.Cheers,Doyle Nickless - GoFlight