Sign in to follow this  
Scott Johnson

FMC speeds gone mad?

Well, two things about my 800/9001) Speed restrictions imposed by the flaps on TO gives me an interesting problem, in that my restriction for a clean configuration takes me to 306KTS/CLEAN on my speed restrictions? Once it hits this speed and then I reach my next fix it then gets over itself and takes me back to 250KTS/10000ft? I can't change this option either and it just seems a downright bizarre speed for TO considering it smashes quite a few federal laws in the process?2) I was doing a shuttle run from YBBN-YSSY with everything seemingly how it should be and when I began to set my VREF speeds for approach, it told me that at flaps 40 I would be landing at a glorious speed of 246KTS.... Now aside from tearing my undercarriage off and creating a nice crater it does nothing for passenger comfort??? ;)Something has gone seriously screwy with my FMC calculations for speeds? I'm wondering if this has been discussed already or if anyone else was having this sort of issue. To my knowledge all of my weights are entered correctly (eg, ZFW 131,764lbs)Ideas?

Guest FlashFly

Hi Scott,I found the calculation of my V speeds to be a bit confusing.I was heavy (but not overweight) and with a derated TO-2 and Clb-2 I had V speeds of approx 90kts! When I chose TO-1 and Clb-1 the V speeds were more realistic. I figured that I was unable to use the -2 derates due to my weight.Phil.

Thanks for the reply Phil, but this is independant of my TO V speeds (which don't even populate at all... see the other post), but more my speed restrictions on climb, and my VREF speeds on approach, which are nothing short of supersonic...Thanks :)

Guest amerton

> Ideas ?Yes, one : as previously reported when targets go crazy, you probably have your weight option setting in kgs and enter your weight in pounds... Factor 2.2...Makes sense ?anthonyAnthony MertonPrecision Manuals Developmenthttp://www.precisionmanuals.com