Sign in to follow this  
Guest wizard01

GeForce 4 Ti 4200 problems

Hi all, I have just replaced my old GF2 GTS 32Mb(ASUS 7700)VGA with a new GF 4 Ti 4200 (Creative 3D Blaster4 Titanium 4200) card.I had expected an improvement in FPS, but all I got was a DECREASE of about HALF the FPS that I had with my old card.Current driver is 28.32 (came on CD with the new card)I have a MSI K7T 266 Pro MoboAMD Thunderbird 1.7GHz CPU512 Mb DDR RAMWindows 98SECan anyone suggest the best driver and possibly settings for my new graphics card?Thank you all.

Guest Flying4Free

Maybe a bad card? I really haven't heard of to many people buying from Creative. Usually VisionTek, eVGA or MSI get the good raps on reliability and performance. You shouldn't get half the FPS with a Ti card! That makes me sad that you have to suffer with bad FPS after spending all that $$ on a good card. Did you check www.tomshardware.com to check on the reviews of that card? Maybe even try WinXP. Just a few suggestions. Sorry I didn't have the answer you were looking for. Good Luck! http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3d14a3b038f823c3.jpg

Guest PaulL01

Sounds like you may not have removed your old drivers correctly before installing the new.I would suggest at least 28.92s for any GF4TI card if you like other games that use the OGL api but for fs2k2 the 28.32s will be fine for now as I don

Guest dek

One good idea is to use the detonator destroyer program at www.guru3D.com to remove any old driver traces before installing new ones. However, I don't think your problems are the 28.32's, they worked well for me and other people.More than likely your problem can be solved by some serious tweaking. Some setting is not correct. AGP? etc.hope this helps, dek

Hello all, Thank you for you advice. I did not remove the old drivers before removing the old card. Had to reinstall the old card, remove all the old drivers, use the detonator removal tool and then install the new card and drivers.Framerates are now better but still below my expectations. Will have to tweak some more to improve results.Anyway, thank you all for your kind help.Regards from LOWS.

Guest wizard01

That's strange, I just tried to change my GF2 GTS 32Mb Card for a Gainward GF4 Ti4200 128Mb, but after installing it all the background, icon, fonts and all were shocking pink!! nothing I knew would correct the problem - so I rang Gainward Tech Support in Germany, they said I probably had a 'duff' Card, in fact they called it a "Monday Card", I am not impressed! Does anyone in this thread agree with Gainward Tech. Support? frankly I'm doubtful they gave me the correct advice! I would appreciate your comments.Thanks in advance.