Sign in to follow this  
Guest alpha_bottom

Updated Fuel Planner for - 800/900?

Guest alpha_bottom

Hi All, Does anyone know when the updated fuel planner incorporating the 800/900 series will be be available? I have been to the www.metacraft.com/737NGFP/ site that Ross Carlton advertises, but all I get is a DNS search error. Any help appreciated.Thanks, Sam

Guest BernBear

Sam,First of all, the site works fine for me, maybe you should consider another set of DNS servers. (I know that the ones my ISP provides are often flakey and slow so I use those of another ISP)Second, you might consider doing a quick search in the forum, you'll find out that your question was already asked several times.Ross Carlsson, who is doing the planner has stated in a reply to one of the numerous questions about the fuel planner that he just got the 8/900 and will update the fuel planner as soon as he gets around to it. Don't forget he's maintaing that utility in his spare time so I guess we need to give him a little more time.Best RegardsMax (Bern, LSZB)http://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004betateam.jpg http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg

Guest alpha_bottom

Hi Max, Thanks for that. The weird thing is that the URL works fine after following the link in my post, however if the address is typed into my browser it wouldn't resolve. Weird!As for Ross' Fuel Planner, I will patiently stand by.Regards, Sam

Guest rcarlson123

Hi Sam, you probably just mis-typed the URL ... many people think my company name is "Metalcraft" or "Medicraft". :)Anyway, I'm currently finishing up a little program that generates ATIS text for VATSIM controllers. Once that's done, which should be within a few days, I'll be updating the fuel planner.One thing I noticed in the 800/900 manuals, many of the entries in the cruise fuel planning tables are empty. This is where I get the data for the planner, so I'm not sure how I'm going to deal with that. Ideally, I would have a formula I could use to calculate enroute fuel burn instead of using the tables, but I have no such formula ... anyone have one?

Guest Lenny Zaman

i think the best way to cover that is to check out the list with data you do havelook at the connection, i.e. linear, logarithmic, exponential...and then apply regressive methods to apply the same 'kind' of equation to the little data you have of those higher levels..., ...cheers