Sign in to follow this  
Guest LLgaz

My Third Engine Failure

Guest LLgaz

Happened at the point of touchdown. Engine fail announcement, everything went dead.......rudder control, brakes, everything. Aircraft slowed down on its own.I was a short flight.......KALB to KJFK so I wasn't too annoyed with losing it. If it was a 4 hour flight however..........This engine failure bug is a real mystery.Edit: I included the attachment so that you can see that I didn't have a tailstrike. The engines failed exactly at that point at touchdown.

Guest filip146

Hi all,Have the same issues.... One DOUBLE Eng failure at Vr....very annoying!!One DOUBLE Eng Failure touching down during autoland with A/T off.PMDG please help!

Guest Lenny Zaman

define autoland with A/T off please...

Guest filip146

A/T = AutothrottleSo A/P (Autopilots) both on, but A/T off (manual thrust).---------Regarding ENG Failures;Please check if you have the Engine Start Switches in CONT. Maybe this a solution, did'nt have any problem during my last flight.Filip.

Guest Lenny Zaman

why would you 'autoland' the plane with manual thrust if you know that on a DUAL channel approach the A/T will automatically disengage at touchdown, and would've been 'RETARDED' at 30ft AGL?