Sign in to follow this  
Guest jase439

Bug Report - Baro Knob on STBY Altimeter Too Coarse

Guest jase439

Tuning the barometric pressure using the knob on the standby altimeter results in very coarse adjustments (+/- 4 or 5 In. Hg.)

Guest jase439

Also, the MB readout on the STBY ALT doesn't update when you adjust the pressure. I think this is an old bug from the 600/700.

"Tuning the barometric pressure using the knob on the standby altimeter results in very coarse adjustments (+/- 4 or 5 In. Hg.)"WOW, that is coarse, Jase! Mine only jumps 4 or 5 hundredths of an inch (I think.... The readout is so small, it's hard to tell ;-)).My theory is... If you can't see it, it's not broken :( Cheers.Ian.P.S. Yes, I am kidding... and I'll post this on the beta forum for further comments.P.P.S. By the way, the knob may not be incremented in real life, so you may need a steady handy hand for fine tuning the Standby Altimeter/Airspeed Indicator baro setting. There is often some kind of hysteresis in these instruments (mechanism sloppiness), so that may not help, either.

Guest zip

Mine changes +1 -1 normally but you have to be quick on your mouse click as it can get out of hand real quick...

Guest stockerharris

I have got the standby altimeter blown up large size in virtual cockpit using Active Camera. The In Hg setting definitely moves at .01 per click. Unless there is a switch that I don't know about (not the one labelled Baro to the left of the MCP) it appears that the MB readout is broke.David.

Guest jase439

Hmmm. I haven't tried it in the VC cockpit - I will have to give that a try. But the one in the 2D panel makes very coarse adjustments.

Guest jase439

Alas. Using the VC also gives me adjustments of about .03-.05 In Hg. per click.

Guest stockerharris

I am sorry that I cannot address you correctly since you do not sign your messages.I would like to file a maintenance report so I can get a replacement standby altimeter since my millibar readout is broke.Could you please confirm whether you were in 600/700 VC or in 800/900. I do know that 600/700 VC awaits a patch.I could then make a meaningful report.David.

Guest jase439

I was in the 800/900 with VC.Thanks,Jason Barlow