Sign in to follow this  

FS2000 aircraft in FS2002 and ATC

Hi there, just a quick question. I have a number of older aircraft from FS2000, which fly ok in FS2002. I would like to know if it is possible to get ATC to recognise them. One of the aircraft in question is an old colours Britannia 767/300ER. I notice that ATC has "Britannia" listed, so just wondering if I can get ATC to recognise it. Many thanks for any help. Cheers Chris

There are two areas which you need to enter information in the aircraft config file.First, under fltsim.0, enter:ui_manufacturer=Boeingui_type=767-300ERui_variation=BritanniaThis will allow the aircraft to be found under Boeing in the Aircraft Select menu.atc_airline=Britanniaatc_flight_number=1123 (or whatever you'd prefer)atc_id=N700MS (or whatever you'd prefer)This will allow the aircraft to be identified by ATC.also, if it's a heavy aircraft, put "atc_heavy=1" (without the quotes) under fltsim, as well.and under general, insert:atc_type=Boeingatc_model=763This will make the ATC say "Boeing 767" when communicating.If there isn't a general section, put one there by inserting:(general)except you MUST replace the parentheses with square brackets.

Hey thanks JBFS2k2 for the info. I will do that right away. Thanks for replying so quickly!....Regards Chris