Sign in to follow this  
Cactus521

Scenery.cfg error

When I start fs2002 I get the following erroe message:Scenery.cfg error! Caching in section cache.000 requires both local and remote paths. I can click off the error message and fs2002 works but at a lot slower frame rate. David AlbrightFAA Flight dispatcherSingle and Mult-engine rated pilot500 hours Real PIC2000 hours Sim PICSim Test Pilot

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

First--if you've done a full 2k2 install, do not enable caching for any scenery, or add-on scenery. The caching is meant for installations where the CD is being used for some of the scenery. The caching takes often used scenery from CD, and stores it on the hard drive. Back in the days when FS2000 was released, some people were under the impression (and have never been otherwise convinced) that caching scenery improved FS's speed. Nope--doesn't work that way--the caching actually was taking scenery on their HD, then moving it to the cache folder before reading it, doubling the HD I/O work of FS2000 in the process. Any speed improvements were either imagined, or caused by the cache being on an unfragmented portion of the HD. The rumor of caching/speed improvements still persists in 2k2....A second issue may exist, where your scenery.cfg may have been damaged in some odd way. If you look under the tips page at fsgateway.com, I have a scenery.cfg posted there under my win 95 install procs--it is built around a full install. You backup your existing scenery.cfg, and create a new one using mine as a template.Here's a link:http://www.fsgateway.com/tips_read.asp?id=285If you did not do a full install due to disk space issues, I recommend trying to free up the space. 2K2 will perform and look much better with all the scenery installed on the HD....