Sign in to follow this  
luckynic1

need help urgent

hi guy's i know this is not the write place but i want to fly my ng package .sys---2.4amd athlonxp asus m/b a7v8x 1024/2700 ddr ram 9600xt 256mb video card(radieon)? so much stuttering i've had enough i'm going to bite the bullet so to speak.i'm going to upgrade to 2.8 amd athlon xp $196.00 aussie dollar i have one question i have 1024mb of ram i only have 3 slots only 1 dim will take ddr400 at the moment i have 2 dims of 256/512ddr2700,and 1 dim 256/ddr400.now when i upgrade can i still used this ram or do i have to buy new ram

Guest Buck Bolduc

Most mother boards will run at 400/333/266 etc. Beware tho, the system will run at the slowest speed ram you have installed. Some system will NOT run with different eam speed moduals. Tech is moving ahead so fast now its usually necesary to stick a new CPU,mobo,and memmory in a good case. Pay attension to your PSU. I recomend Antec True power 430 Watt unit.Regards