Sign in to follow this  
Guest Nickman

Continental 737-800 w/ Winglets

Guest Nickman

If anyone's interested in a Continental livery 737-800 with winglets, follow these steps below. Please be careful when editing the aircraft.cfg files.Download the Continental 737-800 livery and install it. After it's done, go into the PMDG737-800 directory and copy the directory "texture.CO" to the PMDG737-800-WINGLETS. Now add this to aircraft.cfg after the last [fltsim.X] entry (replace X with what the next number will be):[fltsim.X]title=B737-800 CONTINENTAL - Virtual Cockpit/Wingletssim=B737-800WLmodel=WLVCpanel=VCsound=texture=COkb_checklists=PMDG737NG_CHECKatc_id_color=0xffffffffatc_id=N24212atc_airline=Continentalatc_flight_number=737ui_manufacturer=Boeing-PMDGui_type=737-800 - Virtual Cockpitui_variation=Continental w/Wingletsdescription=Boeing 737-800 with CFM56-7B26 enginesnPrecision Manuals Development Groupnwww.precisionmanuals.com nFor use with BOEING 737: The Next Generation by PMDG nFor Technical Support please visit www.precisionmanuals.comvisual_damage=0atc_heavy=0kb_reference=PMDG737NG_REFThis should now make the Continental 737-800 w/ Winglets playable. Now, if you want to add a Continental "appropiate" image to the winglets, download the Copa Airlines 737-700, install it, and go to the "PMDG737-700" directory and open "texture.CML" directory and copy the 2 files "PMDG_WingL_T" and "PMDG_Wing_T" and replace those in the texture.CO of the "PMDG737-800-Winglets" Directory. This should add an image that suits Continental's logo.Nick B.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg--AMD Athlon XP 3200+ @ 2.2 Ghz400W Power supply3x 80 mm Case FansSoyo VIA KT600 Dragon PlusnVidia GeForce FX 5200 128 mb2 x 512 PC400100 GB Western DigitalMicrosoft Sidewinder Precision 2

Very awesome! Thank you very much, this helps me make due until there are more liveries! (and hopefully some real or fantasy cargo liveries or something!)

OK did I do something wrong? The night textures are all off, one side of the airplane has the day textures and the other the night. i copied the whole texture directory. is there just something wrong with the livery?

Guest Nickman

No, the old livery had a messed up texture on one side. Download the latest and see if that helps. If it doesn't, I think there's fix I seen about it somewhere around here.Nick B.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg--AMD Athlon XP 3200+ @ 2.2 Ghz400W Power supply3x 80 mm Case FansSoyo VIA KT600 Dragon PlusnVidia GeForce FX 5200 128 mb2 x 512 PC400100 GB Western DigitalMicrosoft Sidewinder Precision 2

that was the latest version I just downloaded from the site. Any idea on how to fix it? Thanks!

Guest Nickman

Open the PMDG737-800 directory and open the "texture" folder. You'll need to copy the "pmdg_800_fuse_left_L.bmp" file and put it in the "texture.co" folder in the PMDG737-800-Winglets folder.http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...49368&mode=fullNick B.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg--AMD Athlon XP 3200+ @ 2.2 Ghz400W Power supply3x 80 mm Case FansSoyo VIA KT600 Dragon PlusnVidia GeForce FX 5200 128 mb2 x 512 PC400100 GB Western DigitalMicrosoft Sidewinder Precision 2