Sign in to follow this  

Videos

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Thank you sir for your comment.However, I apologize for not stating clearly for you that fact thatIt's FREE to you and everyone else as long as you are not selling anything for REAL MONEY. Unlike the graphic used in your post, the videos will not be copyrighted by me and thus FREE to use as you like.You probably should check the copyright use of the graphic you are using.BobAfter taking the dog for a walk and eating a cup of peanuts we felt the need to revise and tone down our extra nasty response.

July 6, 2002Greetings,http://mtco.com/~rsam/LAX.gif I captured VATSIM LAX traffic last night and have made it into differentvideo formats. I also captured REAL LAX traffic this morning for two hours.Both were combined to make the video discussion below.The FIRST is a simple old gif. It is a 90 kb download. The elapsed time isabout 30 minutes compressed into 10 seconds of viewing. It is in a 160X120format.Download it here:Xhttp://snow.prohosting.com/~catman22/LAX.gif (cut without the X and paste into the address bar.) It is the same that you are seeing above.If you make it 320X240 if will require a file 4 times larger. Likewise, a640X480 is 16 times larger. Increasing time is a linear relationship. A 60second gif in a 160X120 format will be 540kb if done in the same level ofquality.The SECOND is the same as #1 except it has been saved in a MPEG1 - VCDformat. This is equal to a VHS recording. Download the file here:http://snow.prohosting.com/~catman22/LAXVCD.zip (1.2 mb)This format, in a none zipped file, can play about 60 minutes from astandard CD. About 80 to 90 minutes can be saved on a standard CD if it issaved as a zipped file.The THIRD is again the same as #1 except it has been saved in aMPEG2 - DVD format. This is equal to DVD quality. Download the file here:http://snow.prohosting.com/~catman22/LAXDVD.zip (3.5 mb)Using this DVD format, in a none zipped file, can play about 20 minutes ifsaved to a standard CD. Using this format allows placement of "bookmarks"at the front of the video so you can jump directly to them. Keep in mind,if the original source video is not DVD quality, little will be gained inusing this format.What does all this have to do with FS2002? You want a video, I will makeyou a video for free*. We have three computer on LAN connected to theinternet and all are fast enough to capture video. This allows cuts in realtime from scene to scene and back in real time without loss of any real timevideo. If you have a extra computer connected to the intranet we can usevideo you capture in making your production video.I can help you store your videos at ProHosting. They have a 50mb limit.The bandwidth limit I have not found. You can also possibly save them atAIRSIDE TV if they smell enough like FS2002.If you want a video for your Homepage or you project you are woking on,we will make it.Please comment.Thanks,Bobrsam@mtco.comNetscape users may not be able to download the files.Make a video using your video camera of your product if it is hardware and we can convert it to a standard cd. Some care needs to be taken if you use your camcorder to tape off of the monitor to avoid excess sync lines. Changing the monitors refresh rate may be required.*People who CHARGE MONEY for their PRODUCTS will be CHARGED via BARTER - X copies in exchange for a video. Simple easy to answer question -- will it increase your sales by X+1? -- Will it save me time in responding to questions if I have better instructions? A CD in the US is only $0.25 We can provide/burn all the CDs you need.