Sign in to follow this  
Guest EasyEd5102

737NG FMC & FS9 Flight Planner

Guest EasyEd5102

I've just purchased, installed and I am using the 737NG 600/700 add-on and am learning to use it, what a great A/C. I have questions I hope someone can help me with.1.) Can the 737NG FMC & the Flight Planner work together?2.) When using the 737NG FMC for a flight can you get FS9 ATC to do more than just flight following.3.) When you get to your destination airport when using the 737NG FMC who clears you to land? What about the A1 traffic. 4.) I could be wrong, however, when I flew the

Guest speight

If you do a plan using FSNav, you can save it in FNav, then export it to PMDG using the export module and put it into the fmc using the co-route format and also save it to fs9.You can then load the fs9 plan in IFR and you should get fs ATC to fly you along the chosen route that is now in your fmc, though it will give non SID altitudes and will not follow the STAR.To follow the SID altitudes, save the plan in fs9 using the first alt restriction given on the plate, usually 4000ft. Whe you get to the next climb waypoint, ask ATC for an increase in alt of say 1000 to get you up to that next level and so-on.To follow the STAR, if conditions are clear, cancell IFR before the descent point and allow the fmc to bring you to finals, then call the tower and ask for clearance. Problem now is they give you a different runway sometimes. But if you are using a kneeboard browser with real weather in the sim, you can use one of the websites that show airport metars to get the best guess at which rwy is active. An easier way is to use the freeware CARS program and get NOAH or VATSIM metars automatically.Hope that helps, sound a bit involved, but I do it always and it makes things much more realistic.Have fun.