Sign in to follow this  
Guest georg

So, where and how do you fly?

Guest georg

Hello crew,I'm wondering that where do you usually fly with your 737s by PMDG? Do you fly in some virtual airline and in VATSIM? Or are you always setting up some failures and then try to come out from a dangerous situation? Do you prefer longer flights or some one hour trips?Myself I currently fly in Virtual British Airways, they dont have NGs yet, but I register the 737-800 as 734 and the color is American Airlines, I thought it is most close to the BA, because they have codeshare with American. I used to fly for Scandinavian as well, but I missed the Heathrow and ACARS so much that I had to return back. I must say that I have never used any failures yet, I prefer clean flying lol...Also, I don't think it is already done, so would be really cool to see flameouts and other unexpected failures that appear automatically if you do something wrong.

Guest A32X

I never fly a normal flight with nothing "interesting" happening. I'll go up to flight level fantastic and put the -700 into a stall then I'll come down to about 8000feet and try a stall there. I also fail engines a lot. :-)I usually always have the weather conditions down to minimum for the approach I'm flying too. Personally I think you learn more flying like this. I often fly a go-around too. I guess we have two complete different flying styles!I think that the damage modelling needs work though, e.g. if you engage the starter motor with fuel already on I'd like to see the engine destroy itself rather than start normally. Maybe we will see a better damage modelling system with the 47?Cheers,Paul

Guest georg

Aha, you are then completely different flyer than me :). I do everything like the 737 handbook says, all the airline specific procedures and so on...ADDITION: Also say whether you fly in 2D mostly or virtual cockpit and why.

Guest A32X

Has to be the 2D panel and I mostly use the "pilots perspective" view. Purely because the PFD is big and clear to read, it's also a pretty realistic view point I feel. Also if I want to engage LNAV after takeoff I dont jump back to the main view, and destroy the smoothness of the simulation, I just press Ctrl-N. I don't load up the VC because I don't like the look of the PMDG VC.Cheers

Guest georg

Thnx for nice answer. By pilot perspective you mean the "approach" view in PMDG? Never tried flying with that, but should today then.