Sign in to follow this  
Guest fabrytnix

SID/STAR script

Guest fabrytnix

Hi allHow can I set ABOVE/BELOW altitude parameters on SID/STAR script?If i must intercept a radial from ABC, and intercepting I must overfly that point at, for instance 4000 ft how can I set this parameter, the speed is documentated on manual the altitude is not, I mean:TRK 128 INTERCEPT RADIAL 220 FROM NAVAID ABC (altitude?) SPEED 210How can I set a custom fix as PLACE-BEARING/PLACE-BEARING ?for instance a point crossing radial 235 of CMP and radial 210 from CIA?TnxBye allFabrizio

>How can I set ABOVE/BELOW altitude parameters on SID/STAR>script?Use ex. AT OR ABOVE 3000 or AT OR BELOW 5000 at fixes, waypoints, navaids, etc.>If i must intercept a radial from ABC, and intercepting I must>overfly that point at, for instance 4000 ft how can I set>this parameter, the speed is documentated on manual the>altitude is not, I mean:>>TRK 128 INTERCEPT RADIAL 220 FROM NAVAID ABC (altitude?) SPEED>210You can't set the altitude in this command in the procedure file. However you can set the altitude in the FMC at the intc point.Otherwise you have to create a fix at this intc point with the constraints.>How can I set a custom fix as PLACE-BEARING/PLACE-BEARING ?>>for instance a point crossing radial 235 of CMP and radial 210>from CIA?If you fly over one of the navaids, ex: TRK 235 UNTIL RADIAL 210 FROM NAVAID CIA.(not sure if it was this you meant).OR; Create a fix with the COLOCATED command. With some trials and errors you'll be able to find the exact point where the two radials cross. Ex: FIX CROSS COLOCATED MCP 235 10. Then check it in the FMC and adjust the distance until you are exactly on the 210 radial from CIA.OR: Create it directly in the FMC: CMP235/CIA210Or better yet for all your questions: Use an add-on like FSNavigator or NAV 3 to define these type of fixes. Did this answer your questions?

Guest fabrytnix

>You can't set the altitude in this command in the procedure>file. However you can set the altitude in the FMC at the intc>point.>Otherwise you have to create a fix at this intc point with the>constraints.>>>How can I set a custom fix as PLACE-BEARING/PLACE-BEARING ?>>>>for instance a point crossing radial 235 of CMP and radial>210>>from CIA?These two questions are 2 point of view about the same problem, in a sid or star procedure very often you find a fix that is an intersection between two radials (very often without the dme from navaids) and very often this fix is indicated because is an altitude limitation.I hope that in procedure script commands will be implemented either or both possibility: A: custom fix PLACE-BEARING/PLACE BEARING, (so you can set the intersection as fix and set his altitude)B: altitude setting intercepting a radial. ( ex. TRK xxx INTERCEPT RADIAL yyy ALT www SPEED zzz )Anyway tnx a lot for your amswer.Bye