Sign in to follow this  
Guest JonP01

Big ATC problem for me HELP

Hello!I have an ATC problem that I hope you can help me with. I fly VFR around my airport in FS2002 and the VFR ATC is just what I have hoped for for several years. I also fly the same aircraft, Piper Archer II in real life out of my city airport.The problem is that I want to park at the same location outside my flyingclub as in real life. when arriving. I save the situation every time, to save my fuel, tachometer settings etc, and when starting up the situation another day or so I cant reestablish contact with ATC because the last time I flew I did not park where ATC wanted me. So all I can do is request progressive taxi. It feels unrealistic to have to return and pass the place ATC wanted me to park originally just to start up a new ATC communication.Is there a way to change the coordinates for ATC parking instructions for the airport in question tosomewhere around my flyingclub?Thanks!Michael Cedergren

I don't know about changing the parking area but to start out with ATC again is quite simple. Go into the flight planner and "File" a VFR flight plan from your home airport to your home airport. The computer will give you a cruising altitude, just ignore this and then return to your plane. The ATC menu will then be reset to go flying VFR. On the subsequent flights just go to the flight planner and hit "Load" and select the flight plan you created for this airport and you are on your way. This should get you going with proper ATC services.http://members.shaw.ca/madamo/Avsim_sig_KP.jpg

Guest JonP01

Michael,I'm not 100% sure I can understand your problem, but the AFCAD program lets you change (add / delete / move) the locations of parking spaces and taxi routes at any FS2002 aerodrome. If doing that would solve your problem, then you can get AFCAD by Lee Swordy here in the Avsim library. The manual it comes with is very clear as well, so you will be up to speed in no time at all.