Sign in to follow this  
Guest Heather 636

Speaking of Books . . . . .

my attention was brought to the subject by another post where "jabberthecat" was looking for a particular book. Well, this isn't particulalrly in topic, but an invaluable tip nonetheless.My brother enlightened me about a web site where one can find almost any book they might be looking for, in or out of print. At least he says that he has 100% success there and he's looked up some doozies!The site is called;www.abebooks.comThey are not a bookseller themselves but what you might call a central hub providing a search engine linking to an innumerable listing of bookstores, new and used, that list their inventory with abebooks. Out of curiosity, I did a basic search with just the word "airport" as part of the title and came up with 2,984 results; although I almost wish I hadn't for the very first one on the list I wish I had the money to buy. It's "Airport Operation and Management, North Hollywood, CA. Pan American Navigation Service, 1947 Hard Cover. Good/No Jacket. 1st Print. Sounds perfect since I fly with DCA, right about the right era at 1947. That almost hurts!Of course, they have an advanced search, so I went in and looked for the book that was recommended to jabberthecat. Immediately found three of them ranging from $12.50 to $13.92So, if it's a book you are looking for that just can't be found on the shelves anymore(or can be, but cheaper, or more if you're looking for "signed" editions, 1st printings, etc.), then THIS is the place to go.Cheers!HeatherThe propeller is there to keep the pilot cool. Think not? Watch how much you sweat when it stops unexpectedly. ;) http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3d18e8077527c2cb.jpg

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!