Sign in to follow this  
Guest RSmith

GMAX Bombardier Learjet45 - ?

Guest RSmith

D/l'd the new GMAX Bombardier Learjet45 (Version 2) British Airways (virtual)by Mark Beaumont, along with the updated texture file.I'm assuming I'm missing something - the aircraft lettering (British Airways) and the aircraft numbering on the engine housing is somewhat blurred - on my system. I assume this version requires something I don't know about ? to have the lettering in focus ? And, with this type of model, is there anyway to change the aircraft number ?The wheels, new lighting, etc. all work great ! Imressive rendition. Just trying to get the aircraft to appear totally "in focus" - Any tips ?Thanks,RonPIII800GeForce2GTS32meg528ram

Hi RonMy email was in the readme, but since you've posted here ........ the main texture file for this model is a single bitmap, as per the default Lear (although they are NOT interchangeable). This should make it a lot more friendly on frame rates than, say, a POSKY aircraft, but the trade-off is that this single bitmap has to be "wrapped around" the model in a number of different contortions. Thus from certain aspects, you will see slight blurring of certain textures and this is most noticeable, of course, where there is text.It is possible to change the registration number if you have the right editing software (say, DXTBMP by Martin Wright and a good graphics editor) but not from within FS2002 itself. There is an alpha channel in place for reflective textures (dig the chrome!) so be wary of this.Hope this helps. With such a complex model (VC, Virtual Interior, opening door, etc.) I think it was Rick Sasala's intention to keep the bitmaps simple so as not to overwork your processor.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitak.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitakv3.jpg

Guest RSmith

Thanks Mark,Sorry I missed this info. on the "Panel Install" readme. I had not intended to install the optional GPS, so never got to the bottom of that page. I did review the install & checklist readme's.... good info. - very helpful.Just checking to ensure I wasn't missing an optional texture file or something. Appreciate your response & explanation.Ron