Sign in to follow this  

real world runway usage at KORD + KMDW

Hello all, I want to adjust my ai traffic so I can have the runway usage similar to that in the real world. Can anybody tell me how runways at both big Chicago airports are typically used?Thanks a lotAlex

Well being based at KMDW and living in Chicago I should be able to help you out.KMDW: Most of the time KMDW use 31C for both ARR and DEP..22L is a visual runway in which you come in on ILS 31C and circle to land 22L. 4R has an ILS, but it is not used as much as 31C. I guess if you wanted to use two runways 4R for ARR. and 31C for DEP.. In being based at KMDW for three years I think I have used 13C maybe five times.KORD:This airport is a little different. 4R is ARR. and is used a lot. 4L is for DEP, 22R is ARR., 22L is for DEP. and is use a lot. 9's and 27's are used for both and are used a lot. 14L is used for ARR. and 32R is used for DEP.. 14R is used for both, but mostly for ARR.. And finally, 32L is for DEP., but from the T-10 taxiway. 18-36 is never used.Sorry it is long winded, I hope this helps!

Thanks very much!I did not expext KORD to be simple to explain as it has so many runways... Anyway, this is great help!Alex