Sign in to follow this  
Guest tcable

FMC "Program Error"

I just installed the 800/900 last night (amazing, BTW)In most cases when I try to to select an approach with a transition I recieve program error in the scratchpad. I've also noticed that I often don't see all of the approaches (in this case ILS) for a particular airport.Reference airport in this case is KCVG.Example in my case- looking for the ILS 36R- not there. Only one Cat II or better is listed (36L) all other approaches are either RNAV or cat I ILS. I select the runway I want (36R) adn teh ILS frq appears in the init page. I transfer it to the radios manually.Do I have bad data? Should I replace it with someting else? Where should I get said something else?Thanks,Tim

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Tim. The IAPs at KCVG are indeed all there. The DAFIF derived airport file is complete but you need some background to understand what is going on. The procedures that came with the 737NG and the current cycles that I provide are developed from the current DAFIF database. This database is developed for the military and therefore contains only those procedures that can be used by the military. Unfortunately this means that not all of the world's published procedures are included, as you found out. But, thanks to PMDG though they have provided a terminal procedures language so you can write SIDs, STARs and IAPs to fill in the missing ones. There is also a tutorial available on how to write terminal procedures. Or lacking that ability there are a lot of airports written by other users and uploaded to www.navdata.at.Hope this explains why you are not seeing what you want to.RegardsTerry