Sign in to follow this  
Guest psouthan

EFIS Mode Nav Frquency disagree? What does it mean Please?

Hello, I am strugling to wade my way through countless manuals (which I don't mind) but I don't know why, after flying the tutourials I still get this message:EFIS Mode Nav Frquency disagree? What does it mean Please and how do I rectify it please?RegardsPaul

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

There are 2 "special pages" in the EFIS panel you can switch to. I think one is for VOR navigating and the other is for an ILS landing. During the flight, you'll be able to access the VOR page, and during landing (if you are tuned into an ILS), that page will show a more detailed look at the localizer and glideslope.Anyways, the "Mode nav disagree" just means you're not "ready" or "prepared" for that page. For an example, you'll get the disagree error if you switch to the ILS page while inflight, but the VOR page will work. Then, while landing, you'll find the ILS page works but the VOR page has a disagree.Nick B.Continental Airlines Virtual 737NG Pilothttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg--AMD Athlon XP 3200+ @ 2.2 Ghz (Equal to 2.8 ghz)400W Power supply3x 80 mm Case FansSoyo VIA KT600 Dragon PlusnVidia GeForce FX 5200 128 mb2 x 512 PC400100 GB Western DigitalMicrosoft Sidewinder Precision 2

Pretty close Nick :)EFIS/NAV MODE DISAGREE means that you have selected your EFIS control Panel to APP without having selected a valid ILS frequency in the the associated NAV radio or have selected VOR on it without a valid VOR freq in the the associated NAV radio. One NAV box can tune either an ILS or a VOR station (yes they are different things) and the EFIS knows the difference :)Simple eh?.. Clever little critters these 737s ;)Rgds,