Sign in to follow this  
Guest Air Europa

Auto-throttle after update.

Guest Air Europa

Dear flightsimmers ,Last Friday I installed the latest (final) update.Today , I made my first test-flight (LIMC - LEIB) with the NEOS 737NG.Just before take-off I put on the FD-button and the Auto-throttle (A/T ARM).This button doesn't work. A green light for a short time (a few seconds) and then ... finished. No auto-throttle.So , a manual take-off. When I'm 500 ft above the ground I engaged the AP , VNAV and LNAV. Everything works fine except the auto-throttle.Is there someone with the same problem ? Or did I forget something ?Before the final update I had no problems with the A/T ARM-button. Can someone help me ?Kindest regards ,Tom.

Guest rellehenk

Check Engine generator switches are on

Aha, this one caught me when I first took it for a quick circuit.Did you switch on the generators? I think that the A/T needs to feed off the (Engine or APU) generators. That's what worked for me.I guess the NG isn't a 'kick the tyres/light the fires' kinda plane.Cheers,Chris J.

Guest wee_davie_2612

Hey Tom,Check out [a href=http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=136&topic_id=59383&mesg_id=59383&page=4]this[/a] short thread. Perhaps that could be the problem?Have a good one,David

Guest Zapper

Hi Tom,The PMDG sim is very realistic and just needs to be flown just like the real aeroplane. To this end I have published a guide to help people get everything in the correct sequence, right from cockpit entry to after landing checklist. It is called the Geezer Guide and is available from http://homepage.powerup.com.au/~speedy/ I trust it may be of some help to you as it is written so that it may be used generically ie. each step in the scan flows, checklists and procedures can be used on any flight at all and will ensure that you do not have any unexpected problems.If your problem persists please MSN me and we can chat as I am sure it will be easy to fix this problem.Rgds,