Sign in to follow this  
Guest kavan2

flight plan question

Guest kavan2

How do you get a flight plan from the fs default flight planner in to the 737 fmc. Also the file type is incorrect it needs to be converted from .pln to .rte how do you do this? ive been using a third party utility to do this called "pln to rte" this is surely not PMDG advised method. Can it all be done from the cockpit or do you have to leave fs and start dragging and dropping flight plan files in to different locations? I just wonder if i am missing something and doing somthing wrong cos i cant belive this long winded way is the correct one, please PMDG explain how it is supposed to be done? thanks in advanceKavan.

Guest Buck Bolduc

>How do you get a flight plan from the fs default flight>planner in to the 737 fmc. Also the file type is incorrect it>needs to be converted from .pln to .rte how do you do this?>ive been using a third party utility to do this called "pln to>rte" this is surely not PMDG advised method. Can it all be>done from the cockpit or do you have to leave fs and start>dragging and dropping flight plan files in to different>locations? I just wonder if i am missing something and doing>somthing wrong cos i cant belive this long winded way is the>correct one, please PMDG explain how it is supposed to be>done? >thanks in advance>Kavan. > KavanI would advise you to aquire Erni Alstons FSBuild.You can create a flight plan and export it to your fs9 folder as a pln. file and export the same plan to PMDG's Flight Plan folder with the click of your mouse.When you create a flight just go to load flight and click on it. Then when you bring up the FMC just load it as a company flight. Both the pln and rte plans agree.For your departure airport if you tell it what gate you want to be at when fs loads just tell it what gate and when it shows the dialog box click on the flight plan you create with FSBuild as described above. When fs9 loads you will find yourself at the gate you want.When PMDG's Queen (747-400) is released you will be able to use NAT (north atlantic tracks), it's a part of FSBuild.Regards

Guest kavan2

Thanks for the response but surely there is a way of doing it without having to purchase fsbuild?kavan

Guest Lenny Zaman

the only ways i know are1) FSBUILD2) FSNAVIGATOR3) manual input... it's not too much of a work :)