Sign in to follow this  
Guest coimbra

Engine start levers

Guest coimbra

Hi, There is still one thing that is never corrected: when we load the aircraft engine start levers are always ON in the pedestal. That bug comes from the beginning and if you save the configuration and then you load the aircraft from that situation, that

Guest DZollner

It's been said in the forum before that it is programmed this way so that the spar valve lights on the overhead will illuminate correctly, once you move the cutoff levers into the off position. So, it's not a bug, it's a way to get everything to function correctly. Just add that item to your checklist (it already is actually, if you hit F10 to bring up the kneeboard).

Guest Lenny Zaman

Indeed, and if you'll look into the 'receiving aircraft' part of the Real world ops, you'll note that pilots do this check when getting into their airplane everytime... it's a routeine, not on the checklist though but you can be certain it won't be forgotten, I think if I were to fly a B737 and I entered the cockpit my attention would anyhow be drawn to the position of the cutoff levers and: wether the seats are in place or not (Robert ;))

Guest frankathl

Hi,I don't have this problem!:-) My start levers are always in the cutoff position when I load the 700 cold and dark. Is this because I have not yet purchased the 800/900 updates?By the way, the fact I don't have this problem may help to explain my queries in the other post called "ENG VALVE/SPAR VALVE CLOSED lights"!BR,Frank

Guest HJOrtmann

>> Is this because I have not yet purchased the 800/900 updates?>yes - in the 600/700 the start levers where modelled in a different way. Now they're working fine - but FS9 logic forced the team to fix the levers in an initial position.