Sign in to follow this  
Guest frankathl

ENG VALVE/SPAR VALVE CLOSED Lights

I am still making my way through Timothy Metzinger's complex 737NG tutorial, and have encountered a problem. As part of the pre-flight preparations, Timothy recommends(p18) that the engine start levers be moved to idle, then back to cutoff, to ensure that the start valves are closed. However, this procedure causes the ENG VALVE CLOSED and SPAR VALVE CLOSED lights to illuminate bright blue, which indicates that the valve in question is in transit, or disagrees with the commanded switch position(7-79 of the AOM). I presume it is the second of the above explanations which is correct in this case, as the lights remain brightly illuminated and it is not possible to correct the situation? My respect for this fine aircraft will not allowed me to think that the systems logic is becoming confused by my moving the start levers when I have no intention of starting the engines at this time, so I would appreciate any comments or cures you might come up with!Many thanks,Frank

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

This is completely normal as you will open them when starting the engines.Nick B.Continental Airlines Virtual 737NG Pilothttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg--AMD Athlon XP 3200+ @ 2.2 Ghz (Equal to 2.8 ghz)400W Power supply3x 80 mm Case FansSoyo VIA KT600 Dragon PlusnVidia GeForce FX 5200 128 mb2 x 512 PC400100 GB Western DigitalMicrosoft Sidewinder Precision 2

Thanks for your reply, Nick.I don't think I explained myself clearly in the previous post.I have two questions:1. Why are the valve lights BRIGHTLY illuminated? 2. How do I comply with the normal procedures checklist, which demands they be dimly illuminated?Thanks,FrankPS What is a spar valve, by the way? :-)