Sign in to follow this  
Guest aaa_1126

Need help descending please!!

Hey, all.Got a question about descent: How do you actually set up the FMC to go directly to the desired runway? I know how to set the LOC/VOR and APR buttons once I'm sort of lined up. But let

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

You can select the DEP/ARR button on the FMC and select the ARR Airport and then select the desired ILS Runway. You can take it further by selecting the STAR associated with the rwy. After you do this, it will list the legs for that runway approach.GihanSmall note: you have to select the DEPARTING and ARRIVING Airports before you go to the DEP/ARR button.

Is it that simple? I thought I did that already, but I'm probably wrong. I usually use FSBuilder to generate a flight plan and I input all that info into the FMC. That's usually enough to take me directly over the airport I've requested (so in response to your post, I do select the departing and arriving). Maybe I'm missing something in the Dep/Arr. I'll have to give it another look.Thanks!!!

AA: Is that your real name? Forum guidelines here require that we all sign our posts with our real names. They have good reasons for that. Anyway, I use FSBuild 2 also. However, I usually play a bit and/or replace the standard arrival route (STAR) that it picked for me. That's done, as said already, on the DEP/ARR FMC pages. The cool thing I add to that, however, is to take a peek at what it looks like on my ND (navigation display. I can step through my arrival on a map and it helps greatly to make small adjustments to it like adding or deleting a waypoint or two. Once you pick an arrival route on the fmc, it will display on your map. You can also use the Step function to step through your flight. I'm not sure if you need to Activate/Exec your arrival route before you can step through it or not. Play with this a bit and I think you will be extremely pleased at the level of control you have. HTH.

SJ3,Didn't realize the forum guidelines commanded that. Will do so from here on out. I will attempt to follow your instructions and see what happens. Thanks for the info!-Amro