Sign in to follow this  
Guest doyneditmas

PDGM 800-900 Failures Question?

Guest doyneditmas

Dear all at PMDG, firstly a big thanks for creating what can only be described as a fantastic package all round....... I am looking foward to you guys doing the 747 I know it will be fantastic...One question I had was, I have just discovered the failures menu and while was on a routine flight decided to engage an engine fault after 30 seconds.... I waited to see if anything happened on the flight deck but it did not... should all the failures come up on the PFD and actually cause specific problems like an engine shutdown etc or do I as the pilot have to instigate that myself....Any help would be most appreciated..Hamish

Guest Erups

If you selected an engine fire, it has been a bug for some time: unless you bring up the throttle window, you won't hear any alarm.In case of fire to an engine, a bell will ring in the cockpit, and the relevant fire handle (that means engine 1,2 or APU extinguishers discharge handles) will light up and will stayed lighted until the fire will be in place.Pulling and turning an handle in eighter direction, will fire the corresponding extinguisher bottle, and at the same time close fuel ducts, electricals, pneumatics and completely shut down the engines.In my tests this did not always happen, as to say the engines were not always cut.