Sign in to follow this  
Guest georgi55

Full screen vs. ? window

I've been running FS in, whatever the opposite of full screen is called, you know, inside a window...and I seem to be getting much, much higher frame rates and all-around performance. I thought full screen was supposed to offer higher performance? (Plus, when if freezes, I can Ctrl-Alt-Del.)

Guest PaulL01

>I've been running FS in, whatever the opposite of full >screen is called, you know, inside a window... >and I seem to be getting much, much higher frame rates and >all-around performance. I thought full screen was supposed >to offer higher performance? (Plus, when if freezes, I can >Ctrl-Alt-Del.)The results are like that because the video cards work most of their "magic" in full screen "gaming" mode so the results are not an Apples to Apples comparison, more like Apples to Turnips, or perhaps Apples to raw Hamburger, or maybe it is best discribed as...:)

Guest georgi55

Also, on some settings or versions of video card drivers, if you are using Anti Alaising in full sceen, it gets automaticly disabled in windowed mode.I always fly in full screen because it makes huge difference on realism for me.