Sign in to follow this  
Guest leadZERO

Performance Improvment?

I've noticed the panel can cause quite a performance hit. Specifically turning the framerate down to the minimum can almost double your FPS under certain circumstance. Would it be possible for a future release to specify the framerates for the guages individually. Only during take-off will I really see a drastic difference on the right panel. Seems to me it would be really nice if I could set the very right panel to something like 1fps, middle panel to something around 7 and the left around 10. Not sure if the team tried this to see if they could squeeze a little more performance out or not; if not it might be worth a try.How about also releasing a very stripped down panel as well? I avoid "turning my head" to look around for the simple reason that it causes massive amounts of texture loading that make it completely worthless when you're on final. I wouldn't mind a panel that had no side/rear/half-side views... Might slim the panel down just a little more.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

How about also releasing a very stripped down panel as well?I assume that you're using the 2D version of the panel. You can do this yourself by removing the Left/Right/Left Aft and Right aft bitmaps from your PMDG panels folder.John http://homepage.eircom.net/~eamonnmca/images/logo_ba.JPGwww.bavirtual.co.uk Senior Captain Simflight.com Staff Reviewer