Sign in to follow this  
Guest -dolbinau-

PMDG 737NG VOR/ILS

Guest -dolbinau-

Hey,i know how to use ILS and VOR on other aircraft (such as the iFDG A320 when using airpack4.zip panel, defualt aircraft etc..)..except when i try to use PMDG with ILS/VOR, i just "can't" do it, noting is displayed on my PFD's (i think thats wat its called).can someone help me, or is there a manual someone could direct me too?

Guest Gunard

I'm having the same problem.Can land ILS with the default aircraft but have had no luck with the PMDG introductory flight for the 737-700 or the tutorial by Fred Clausen.What's the key we both seem to be missing?Thanks,Steve G

Guest EISN_CONTROL

It depends what type of ILS landing you want:Manual LandingWhen you're on the approach, bring up the FMC Int page. You'll automatically be on the FMC Approach Page. If you've selected what runway you'll be landing on on the DEP/ARR page then you'll be presented with the ILS freq and runway heading.Set the CRS(Left of the FD switch) to that of the heading present on the FMC Approach page.Bring up the pedestal and set Nav1 to that of the ILS frequency.On the FMC Approach page, you'll need to tell the aircraft what flaps you'll be landing with. Simply RSK to button for Flaps 30 or Flaps 40.You're now setup to land. When you're placed on the intercept heading for the ILS, select VOR/LOC. The aircraft will turn to intercept. When Fully intercepted, switch the MCP from VOR/LOC to APP and when the Glideslope starts descending, so will your aircraft. It is your job to control speed and control surfaces aswell as Gear. Setup your MCP heading and ALT for that of a missed approach.When comfortable,disconnect the MCP and continue with the manual landing.Auto-LandSame procedures as a manual landing except you must set both NAV1 and NAV2 to the ILS frequency. When you're lined up on finals, set the MCP to both CMD A and CMD B. Sit back and relax,what how the plane likes to land itself :)John http://homepage.eircom.net/~eamonnmca/images/logo_ba.JPGwww.bavirtual.co.uk Senior Captain Simflight.com Staff Reviewer

Guest MEL

What about a back course? I have tried a back course and it doesn't capture the LOC. I dial in the reciprical course heading say 240 on a 060 heading, dial in the nav and when I select VOR/LOC it doesn't capture it. When I pass well through it then the LOC bar jumps from one side to the other, to late. Then when I manually fly it in once I get really close to the runaway the LOC bar becomes bright and it sees the LOC. Weird, what am I doing wrong?Another question, when I create a flight plan using FSNav and export it to PMDG 737 it never shows on the flight plan on the FMC the final way point, the airport. So say I made a flight plan from CYHZ to CYUL, I never see the CYUL as the final destination. I usually manually put it in and then its fine.CheersMEL

Guest Nickman

You may not be entering the G/S right. If you're landing in US airports, download the real approach plates from http://www.airnav.com or you can download the most recent ones from http://naco.faa.gov. Make sure you capture the glideslope at the right altitude (when descending, hold at the altitude it captures at if you have to) and fly the runway heading.Nick B.Continental Airlines Virtual 737NG Pilothttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg--AMD Athlon XP 3200+ @ 2.2 Ghz (Equal to 2.8 ghz)400W Power supply3x 80 mm Case FansSoyo VIA KT600 Dragon PlusnVidia GeForce FX 5200 128 mb2 x 512 PC400100 GB Western DigitalMicrosoft Sidewinder Precision 2

Guest Valid_Andy

Also remember to fly at the correct speed which is "Vref+5" for a no wind landing, or "Vref+half steady winds+full gusts"...I think!