Sign in to follow this  

Sittin' behind two firewalls...

Hello there,My friend and I are in the middle of a cross-country, multi-player tour, and now we're stuck. I'm connected to the 'net through a dLink Cable/DSL router, which effectively hides my IP from the net (using NAT, I guess). Until recently, my friend didn't share an internet connection and therefore he could host a multiplayer session with a public IP that I could look up.Now, he's sitting behind the exact same type of router, and neither of us can talk to each other. I suspect it's because the routers are doing their job keeping each of our connections private, but without getting into public IPs (he can't because the connection he's sharing is someone else's - he's waiting for his home to be built and another friend has taken him in for the meantime) is there any way we can make FS talk over this type of connection?The Zone is not an option - it's never, ever worked for us, and we've tried probably a dozen times to make it work.Thanks!Mark

Hi Mark,You need to open some ports on your router to get Multiplayer to work. You will both need to do this.Check:http://www.flightsimnetwork.com/dcforum/DC...ID10/24796.htmlI used this link as it has instructions for a dLink router - may or may not be the same model but the idea is the same.Don't forget to close the ports when you are finished!Happy flying,Andy (YSCB)