Sign in to follow this  
Guest VCSIGDA

Comox,BC SIDSSTARS not loading in the FMC

Guest VCSIGDA

Hi all,I am using Terry's latest SIDS and STARS but for some reason I cannot enter in Comox BC (CYQQ). The error message I recieve is that the runways are unknown. Runway 11 and 29 are unknown.Can some using terry's files verify that it is working or not in their FMC.I installed the latest Navdata (0410)I installed Terry's files (0409)I installed the all in one latest from NAVDATAI then installed my own made sidsstarsThanks allVincentCYQR

Guest VCSIGDA

I also tried Kelowna BC (CYLW) and this one has the same problem.Again I am just asking to see if anyone can load these airports into there FMC.The problem may be at my end.I also tried to make my own procedure files or sids and stars but the FMC would not accept it.Thanks for your help.VincentCYQR

Guest stang

Hi Vincent>I installed Terry's files (0409)The latest out is 0410. Try that to see if it helps. There may have been a runway change in the AIRAC data since 0409.RegardsTerry

Guest VCSIGDA

Hi again,I loaded all the new 0410 data from,the navdata sitelatest all in oneterry's 0410my own sidsstarsthis time around CYQQ loaded up in the FMC, although I cannot find where it is reading the data from, the file is not in the PMDG/SIDSSTARS folder. I created my own CYQQ file with only the runways listed. the results are that runway 29 had to be renamed to runway 30 and runway 11 had to be renamed to runway 12. Runway 18 and 36 are ok.CYLW was in the sidstar folder but will not load up. I changed runway 15 to 16 and runway 33 to 34 and it worked.Anyone have a explanation why this may be happening.Thanks a bunchVincentCYQR

Hi Vincent.I did some search on this and found that either CYQQ or CYLW are a part of the precent sid/star download from Terry. However CYQQ was earlier until april, I have a file in my folder dated 3/18/2004. As he mentioned there has probably been a renumbering of rwy's, but for some reason CYQQ is no longer present in the download.To summarize, the file you have don't match the data from the latest airac cycle including the renumbering.As for CYLW, this one is not a part of the PMDG_Procedures either. The file you use is most likely from the AIO from Navdata. This is a user upload and as far as I can see it was written back in january, and may not contain any recent changes, and that will cause the error message. You will have to contact the author of this file or rewrite your own.

Guest VCSIGDA

Thanks for the replies,Lets see if I read this correctly, when I download the latest Airac cycle (0410), it may include changes in runway numbering or whatever so I have to go ahead a write a new SIDSTAR for CYLW and CYQQ in this case with the latest changes. The runways themselves do not change orientation in FS but the runway numbering changes for whatever reason, and I also may have to change the ILS's numbering as well. Wow, thanks for all the help and explanations. Now I just hope FSNavigator lives on and all will be ok.VincentCYQR