Sign in to follow this  
Guest oy-dad

FMC and The NAV Database

Guest oy-dad

HI allIm brand new in this forum.2 weeks ago i bought FS 2004After that I have problems with my FMCConstantly I get messages likeexample: "Error in Line 93 direct" or smiliar messagesAll sid and stars are goneI HAVE the latest AIRAC Cycle 0410 Installed in the right placeand I have all the latest SID/STARS from http://www.navdata.at/I never had problems like that when i used FS 2002What can be wrongKind regardsJohnny-Denmark-

Hi,In which airport do you get the error message? It is most likely due to an old procedure file that don't match any recent changes in the latest Airac cycle. The SID/STAR's at Navdata are all user uploaded files, and some of them are not updated when there are changes in the airac data. You may also try to download the PMDG_Procedures_0410 from Terry's site and see if this solves your problem.

Guest oy-dad

HI falconnoThx for the reply!!Do you have a link for thatBy the way!The problem is in every airport I selectNo SID STARS/No route or legsOnly FMC errormessagesEven in Airports who used to work beforeIs it the new version of Airec 0410 who maycause the problem or????regards fromJohnny

Hi again,No, it's not the Airac 0410 that cause this. I suggest you recheck your installation once again.1. When you install the Airac, make shure you direct the installer to your FS9 root folder. Look in your FS9/FMCWP/NavData folder, it should contain 6 files dated 21.09.2004. Also make shure that you don't have any double folders of this or elsewhere.2. Download the PMDG_Procedures from Terry's site, http://home.sw.rr.com/filesherenow/index.html, or from the PMDG site. Install these files direct into your FS9/PMDG/SidStars folder. 3. To verify go into your FS9/PMDG/SidStars folder, here you should have about 1800 files. Open one file and check the file header, should say "Derived from DAFIF cycle 0410" and be dated 29.9.2004.4. Then you may download the All-in-one file from Navdata with useruploaded procedures, install into FS9/PMDG/SidStars and overwrite.

Guest oy-dad

Hi PerThank you!!The Airac IS proberly installed in the right placeI try Terrys SID/STARS later todayBUT the conclution if i understand, may be that the SID/STARS from navdata.atare outdated or something like thatBecause I already use the all in one file 2 days agoAm I right?Thx for the support :-)

Hi again.The SID/STAR's from Navdata are not outdated in common, but some may be. It's up to the author to update them as these are user uploaded files. In my experience the majority of them are ok and are updated from time to time. As a sidenote these procedures may be more complete and may also cover airport not present in the PMDG_Procedures.I have personally uploaded almost 40 airports to Navdata and I check available resources at least once in month to catch up with changes. (I already now know that some will need an update in the next cycle due to changes effective later this month:-)).The files from Terry covers 1740 airports. Although the may lack some procedures some places, they are always up to date, every month, thanks to him for great service! FYI you may take a look in his ReadMe file how this procedures are generated.