Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dave March

Fsuipc.dll

Recently installed Flight Deck Companion, which requires the fsuipc utility/module file in order to run the program. Version 2.83 is included with FDC. Whenever this file is in the modules folder, there is a noticeable performance hit in the sim, with or without FDC running, where I see intermittent stuttering and drastic fluctuation in the frame rate meter at all views and angles, during flight, or on the ground. When I move the .dll file out of the folder and re-run FS, the stuttering stops and the frame rate meter shows more of a consistent or steady reading. I saw these same results several months ago when using version 2.73 and removed the file, since I didn't use any addons that required it.Did some experimenting by unchecking all the normal defaults in the utility, but am not seeing the same performance as I would with the file not in the modules folder.Was curious if other users have noticed this slight degrade in performance with FS with fsuipc installed and know which options to enable/disable.

Guest Dave March

HiI would guess FSUIPC is the most widely used FS module ever and I've certainly never noticed such problems as you describe, nor has such been widely reported. I would suggest you perhaps try the latest version (2.87)CheersDave MarchFDC Website:http://www.oncourse-software.co.uk