Sign in to follow this  

three monitors

I would appreciate a bit of advice ,at the moment i run two monitorsbut i have that many addons navigator metro etc, iwould like a thirdmy main monitor is a Flatron 15 "running of a nvidea geforce 2 ultra,second monitor off a pci matrox mystiqueIf i change my a pci card to a dual output card will i be able to drag and drop my accessories to second and third monitors?I know nothing about duel output.so if this works can you suggest a card to do the jobThanks in advance Don

Guest SD Sim

Hi Don,I have never tried what your proposing, but I cannot think of any reason why it shouldn't work. Assuming that you have an OS that will support multiple monitors, then you should be able to run your primary view off the AGP, and instruments/navigation aids off of the second and third monitors. The only real concern I might have would be that supporting three monitors, even if two are not running a view panel, might suck up so much of your computers resources that its performance will drop significantly. This will in part depend on your system specs. Do you see any loss of performance using the single monitor with the AGP card?

Don,I am running 3 monitors, and they are running very well. Two of the monitors are being driven by a GF4 Ti-4600, and the 3rd moitor is connected to a PCI GF2-MX400. The 2nd and 3rd monitors display FSNav, the GPS, Throttle, and Radio panels.Rick