Sign in to follow this  

FS2002 default scenery resolution?

Lately, I have been looking into some of the terrain mesh sceneries now available. They are available with resolutions ranging from 38 meters all the way down to 9. For comparisions sake, does anyone know what resolution the default mesh is? I am guessing it is around 70 or 80 meters, but does anyone know exactly? Thanks

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

It varies depending upon which part of the world you're talking about.Here's a quote from the (IMHO) best mesh scenery available, FSGenesis:"Those of you who have the 153m Terrain CD will probably not gain much by installing it into FS2002 since the default terrain appears to be of similar resolution in most areas. The default terrain appears to be a mixed bag wherein some less-interesting areas remain at the 1-km, LOD=7 level, while other areas are done in 153-meter, LOD=8, and still others at 75-meter, LOD=9 resolution.The recommendation here is to upgrade to the 75-meter Terrain CDs to attain full US coverage to the LOD=9 resolution. This is especially true of Alaska, where the default resolution appears to be 153-meter throughout. Upgrading to the 75-meter Alaska-Yukon Terrain CD will provide you with many spectacular, jaw-dropping scenes to fly through."

Thanks. I went back to the site you mentioned. I did not notice the FAQ there on my earlier visit. It has a lot of detailed info.