Sign in to follow this  
Guest ThrottleUp

Slewing = throttle problem in PMDG? Anyone else?

Guest ThrottleUp

Hello all :)When I fly the NG737 I always start at the terminal gate. I've always used the slew function as an easy way to simulate pushback & it poses no problems on the default or other freeware planes that I have on my FS9.On the PMDG 737 I use the same procedure: I press slew to "pushback" and then of course press the slew key again to get back to normal mode.The wierd thing is that after I do this only *one* throttle lever moves. I have tried pressing "E" & then 1,2 rapidly as it says in the MSFS help files to restore synchronised control to both levers but it does not work and stays stuck on one throttle lever (the right one).To fix it I have to change planes and reload the PMDG 737.Just wondering if anyone else had encountered this problem or wether my FS9 is on crack!?Thank u :)

Guest frankathl

Hi Nevin,I can't answer your question, I'm afraid, as I never use slew for pushing back, but I strongly recommend you get Etienne Martin's multi-functional gauge from the AVSIM library, instead. This has many features, including pushback, tow and taxi modes, and works beautifully! Take a look here:Pushback/Tow/Taxi Version 1.3.6 (Download #56181) Pushback/Tow/Taxi Version 1.3.7 (hot fix) (Download #56325) Pushback mode allows you to control nosewheel steering, so that you can turn the plane realistically during the pushback and, simultaneously, start your engines, if you wish(although you might need more than two hands to accomplish all this. :-)). I doubt you'll want to go back to slewing after using this one! :-)BR,FrankPS If you need some help to get the gauge icon onto your PMDG panel, I will be glad to help. /F

Guest ThrottleUp

Frank-Wow Etienne Martin's multi-functional gauge sure sounds great! Thank you for telling me about that! :) Cant wait to try it out! Will let you know how it went once I've set it up.Also, thank u for your offer to help with getting the guage onto the panel! Im still a bit of a rookie at that sort of thing!Thanks 4 helpin :)