Sign in to follow this  
Guest Flyenmedic

Panel

Guest Flyenmedic

I just upgraded to the 800/900 NG737 and now 40% of my map display is taken up by a VSI and an altimeter? Any way that I can put it back the way it was so I have a full veiw of the map display?Respectfully,Gary Rackliffe

Guest Soulman

Hi Gary,A good case of 'read the manual' - or more commonly referred to as RTFM. (I'll let you decipher what the F stands for though. ;))Some airlines (eg. GOL of Brazil) opted to have a more traditional cockpit installed in their NG's. While it still is a glass cockpit, the instruments have been depicted in a similar fashion to that of an older series 737 (eg 200, 300, 400, 500). It makes for an easier transition between that of the 'classic' series and the newer 'NG' models.To revert to the typical NG setup, load up the PMDG 737, start a flight and hit the ALT key. Up the top you will find a PMDG option, click on this and scroll down to 737NG and finally click on Styles. You should see an 'Airline Selection' tab, under which you will also see 'EFIS Display Type'. Here you can select either PFD/ND or EFIS/MAP. Your current settings indicate you are using the EFIS/MAP option. Try selecting PFD/ND and you will return to the full map display.I suggest you read pages 10 and 11 of the 737-800/900 Flight Manual titled Introduction.And while you're at it - read up on the rest of the manuals provided with the aircraft. You will be amazed at what you find... :(Hope this helps.