Sign in to follow this  

Nvidea Driver 29.42 help needed

I installed the Directx 8.1b and the the Nvidea Drivers 29.42. Everything seems to be working good, I think in most areas better then my previous drivers. The 29.42 drivers replaced the 12.41 drivers. I have only noticed one problem, while approaching a runway the runway lights look wavy and not steady. This effect is seen mostly during sun set. It less during the night or daylight. This was the case even when I was using Directx 8.1. This effect is not seen if using the 12.41 drivers.I prefer using the 29.42 drivers but obviously I like the runway lights to look more steady. I appreciate if somebaody can help. I listed also the 3DMark ratings as I do not know whether this is good or bad, sometimes on this form I see too high numbers, SpecsPentium III 1GhzMemory 512MbyteVideo GForce2 MX400 32 MbyteWin98SE3DMark2001 Benchmark 2286 with 29.42 Drivers3DMark2001 Benchmark 2140 with 12.41 Drivers Frame/sec most of the time 25 with 29.42 drivers, few less (3 or4) with the 12.41.ThanksTony

Tony,If you really want a treat, try the Omega Driver at http:www.omegacorner.com. It is based on the 29.42, but produces an amazing increase in image quality while the FPS stays the same or slightly increases. Easier to use too, as you don't need to fool around with tweaking tools anymore.Good luck.