Sign in to follow this  
Guest jackrussell

PMDG Autopilot

Guest jackrussell

HelloCan someone help me please.I am having trouble with the FMC and Autopilot in 737NG.I follow the manual to the letter in inputing route data into the FMCHowever when I try to engage autopilot I get an alarm and it will not set.I think I am putting the info in correctly other than the ARR/DEP info.Do I put the ARR runway in first or last or when? I think this is where I may be going wrong but I'M not sure.I also get an error message 'GCTS err LTE unknown' whenever I try to input route EGSS--GCTS.I am about to go bald pulling my hair out, I'm not an expert but have been sim flying for many years.Any help will be much appreciate.Jack

Guest _sebastian_

Hi Jack and welcome to the forum.>I follow the manual to the letter in inputing route data into>the FMC>However when I try to engage autopilot I get an alarm and it>will not set.You do not get audio warnings if you engage the autopilot but when you DISengange it or when you press the TO/GA switch prematurely. Are you sure the autopilot is activated when you hear this warning? When the autopilot is on, the autopilot master switch is UP (i.e. no yellow band is visible). Before pressing the TO/GA switch make sure also that you have a legal flap setting for take-off.>Do I put the ARR runway in first or last or when? I think this>is where I may be going wrong but I'M not sure.The sequence of things are in this case of no importance what so ever when it comes to warnings.>I also get an error message 'GCTS err LTE unknown' whenever I>try to input route EGSS--GCTS.This error means that the FMC does not recognize the navaid LTE approx. 165nm NE of Tenerife. The name in FS9 is in fact LT which I guess causes the confusion. Make sure you have installed not only the latest SIDs/STARs (http://www.navdata.at/php/sidstar/dl_list.php) but also the latest AIRAC (http://www.navdata.at/php/airac/airac.php). Delete the old directories and install the two files anew.Regards,sebastian

Guest jackrussell

sebastionThanks for getting back to me.I get the warning alarm when I try to SET the autopilot. The disengage button is in the up Engaged position.I have downloaded the latest Navaid and will try again.Watch this space!ThanksJack