Sign in to follow this  
Guest jettjokk

Re: A question for the developers/beta team/experts

Guest jettjokk

I have been experiencing problems using an FS9 addon called MovingMap which is supposed to be able to display sectionals, TAC's, and other maps in the default FS9 kneeboard. I have a problem with a blank display when using MovingMap with the PMDG verson I use-the 737-800 generally in VC mode. All of my other add-ons as well as the default airpanes do not have this issue. I am asking this question here because it seems this problem may be related to certain payware aircraft only (including the PMDG 737 airplanes.) I am aware that the 737 may use the default GPS data differently than most add-ons and the default airplanes. For instance several high level payware airplanes do not include the ability to use the default FS9 GPS gauges. THe PMDG 737 series is one of these. I have also learned I can "trick" FS9 into displaying one of the default GPS gauges while flying the PMDG 737. However the airplane will never follow an FS9 flight plan. This leads me to believe that perhaps the default FS9 GPS database is not used by the 737 at all. Instead it looks like the 737 is using the AIRAC database instead. Fixing the problem might be as simple as locating the MovingMap maps (.jpg files) in the place where PMDG is looking for GPS data, I don't know. I am hoping for an explanation of how the PMDG is using (or not using) FS9 default data. I realize some of this may be proprietary so I'm not asking for anyone to divulge in-house information. Just hoping some of the more experienced experts can shed some light to assist in the solving of this problem. Thanks in advance for any help.DanS