Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hornpiper

EFIS Mode on approach

Guest Hornpiper

What is the interaction between EFIS mode and tuning to the ILS frequency? I have been receiving an error message regarding EFIS mode and the ILS does not lock to either LOC or GS forcing me into visual approaches.Mark

Guest falcon99

First, please take a look at the forum rules at the top. You need to sign your posts.Need a bit more information. Could you provide further detail? What is the error message you are recieving?EFIS changes the display. Are you sure you are tuning the right frequency in NAV1?Georgehttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg

Guest Hornpiper

I don't recall the EXACT message, but as I recall it is an EFIS mismatch with FREQ. If Nav2 is set to a VOR, I continue to get the correct VOR readings (radial and DME). However, if I switch Nav2 to the ILS freq, I get the same error for Nav2.Mark

Guest falcon99

Hi Mark,First you always need to put the ILS freq in NAV1. You also have to have the ILS freq in NAV1 to select the approach mode from the EFIS panel. Putting the ILS freq into NAV2 is required for CATIII approaches (and I think CATII as well).Also, if you are looking for further information, try doing a search on the forum. There are many posts describing in further detail selecting approach mode from the EFIS panel and the error message you are recieving.Georgehttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg

Guest Hornpiper

Thanks, George. I do put the ILS freq in Nav1. But you answered my misunderstanding. I had not been changing the EFIS mode. Thanks for the help.Mark