Sign in to follow this  
Guest gjpollitt

Help with FSNav and PDMG 600/700

Guest gjpollitt

OK, just learning the FMC with the PDMG 737-600/700 I want to create my own flight plan using FSNavigator for Manchester EGCC to London Heathrow EGLL. I have done this and let FSNav create the waypoints for me. I also have the export module from FSNav to PMDG and have exported the flightplan out to PMDG. My question is how do I calculate the altitude that I want to fly the plane? Would you fly the 737 on a flight that distance at FL300? Is there a formula based on your climb speed and nM from Airport A to Airport B to give you your cruise altitude? And what about any of the other misc items that require inputting into the FMC? If someone could create a flight plan for the above the way it should so I know how to do it then that would be great! Once I've got the hang of it and can see the way that waypoints work etc then I guess I would be ok for future planning. Thanks

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

2%
    $715.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now