Sign in to follow this  
Guest HAWKEYE2005

Help with FMS...

Guest HAWKEYE2005

Hi to all of you!!!I need help with a little problem that I have.When I'm flying with my PMDG 737-700, and all seems to be ok, after 1 and half flight time, near at the TOD (read 50 NM to TOD) for example GRA, i look in my ND the TOD is not quiet, i say is moving before and after GRA. Then i look into the FMS and when I read the page named RTE, i see the winds at GRA titteling (flashing), and after that my VNAV disconects. Why? my altitude is ok, my altitude selected at MCP is ok (Example: the transition altitude that i need to reach after descent).Then I try to put my wind actualizated (I guess maybe is for that reason) but I can't.What's the problem? I read the tutorials but I can't find that.Ok, another thing, can you teach me how to use the winds of that page RTE. I need to put the wind that I read in FMS or in ND, and put in the scratch pad, then paste at the waypoint (NEXT or PREVIOUS?).If anyone can help me I'll be very gratefully with him/her.EmilioUshuaia(Tierra Del Fuego)ARGENTINA

Guest Knikolaes

If you are using real weather and encountering a lot of serious crosswinds or turbulance, your may end up "off the beaten vnav-path", so to speak -- in other words, your plane is getting slammed around too much by the winds to keep the vnav path.Try this -- if VNav disconnects, hand fly her up to cruising altitude and then try to reactivate vnav. That does the trick sometimes for me. Just gotta watch it on descent, because the same thing can happen there as well.On a note, if you dont feel like hand flying, use FL Change option to tell the MCP to basicly "expedite" to the flight level, foregoing the FMC "advised" ascent path.Hope this helps. Sorry I am not good at wording this type of thing.Chris