Sign in to follow this  
Guest guswhite3

PMDG737 and SB3 radio problem

Guest guswhite3

I have a strange problem that started after I installed SB3:Sometimes, but not always, when I switch to an active ATC frequency my FS locks up for 15 or 20 seconds. When it unlocks it runs less than 1 FPS. If I then switch back to an inactive freq, or switch to the other radio to an active ATC freq, all is fine. This problem occurs on both radios. Here are the specs: Intel 3.2, 2 gig ram, 256 mb Nvidia GeForce FX 5200, running FS9, SB3, and ActiveSky 2004, connected via cable modemAny ideas?Thanks,Gus WhiteWestWind AirlinesCommand Captain

Guest aarskringspier

I get the freezing for 10 seconds or so as well all though my frames dont suffer because of it. my guess was its SB3 working to get the active channel set up but I dont know, it just did it for the first time last night and only on certain ATC regions. It never does it on say Fort Worth, but did it at Denver it is strange.

Could be there's a slow voice server involved somewhere?

Guest guswhite3

Randy,I had the problem last night (Tues) when I switched to FTW_CTR, then again when I switched to REG_APP. Both times I resolved it by switching to the other raido.It could be a server problem, but I've never seen this before.Gus White